< article class='codeinthedark'>
Bats don't need eyes, they have echolocation, frontend developers don't need light, they code in the dark!
Code in the Dark is a front-end (HTML, CSS) competition, where each contestant competes to implement a website design given only a screenshot. The catch is that no previews of the results are allowed during the implementation, and no measuring tools can be used. The winner will be decided by the audience.
During the competition, the contestants have to use our custom editor for Code in the Dark, which you can try out here.
show us your skills? the brief.
- 10 contestants
- 15 min
- no previews
- 1 champ
- 1 prize
- Each contestant receives a bundle of the editor, which includes a screenshot of the page they should implement with HTML/CSS and any additional assets they might need;
- No iframes, frameworks, snippets or other assets outside of the ones listed in the instructions are allowed. The site should be built from scratch during the competition;
- The contestant should have the editor in full-screen mode and is never allowed to exit from it or use any measurement tools;
- Previews of the results are strictly forbidden until the time is over;
- Once the 15-minute timer runs out, each contestant presents their result;
- Sponsors will judge and decide the winner.
- Limited to the first 10 participants to sign in
- Bring your own laptop
- Estimated schedule: 19h
- €75,00 prize in voucher